cracks in concrete cills

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The house is 90 years old with 300 m.m solid walls rendered.All windows have conctete cills 800m.m wide by 100 m.m deep.Some of the cills have vertical cracks right through the cill.Have tried in the past veeing out cracks and filling with various types of morter and plastic fillers but eventually the cracks return.Is there a way of fixing these cracks once and for all?There are no structural problems just want to repair for cosmetic reasons

Sponsored Links
If you have a photo it could be useful - however...

As far as I'm aware there are no products on the market to repair hairline cracks in concrete. With the expansion and contraction you get with concrete you would need to rake out the crack to around 7-10mm and then fill with an epoxy resin specifically designed for concrete repair. You would not have to (and should not) rake out all the way through the cill. See the pack for instructions. To make it last a little longer painting the cill to seal it would be a good idea too.

I had the same problem, used pva, seems to have worked, I hope.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back