order or works - painting fence then decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just wondering if you knowledgeable lot can help me with the following;

my garden is nearly completed - just had it concreted and decked with new fencing. Garden looks lovely - as i now have new fence panels in that newly orange tone ( :cry: ) with concrete posts and gravelboards i was thinking that i want to use of the one of well known brands to paint the fence in a blue shade as my garden is narrow 9ft wide that I feel the natural wood shades would make it more hemmed in - would 2 coats be required or more to cover the orange. Also want to clean the decking or use the decking restorer product - it is new but it looks like it must have beens stored outside as has a slight tinge of green on some of the boards and then use an oil as i've heard mentioned on this forum. or with the decking should i wait a year before i start treating it. Anyway if that's not the case and i have to do both job is there a particular order of works - fence first and then decking or doesn't it matter which way i want to do things.

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back