conservatory lead flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I am installing a new selfbuild conservatory soon and am after some Lead advise,

I've had a look around on here and found that i should have approx 20mm in the wall, a 150mm upstand and 100mm down over the roof - does this sound about right? I have also read that the lead shouldbe in lenghts no longer than 1500mm, is this really neccesary for a 3000mm wide structure?
Also, how far past each side of the roof do i need to go? and do the vertical ends just "stop" or should they be cut in down the wall as well?

Thanks

D

Sponsored Links
Hi' 30 mm chased in wall, say 100mm upstand and 150 mm down slope, 1500 mm max for code 4 sheet lead. Lap on joints min 100 mm. For a 3m run, three pieces will be easier to fit, the over lap at ends about 150mm. Good Luck

Thanks for the quick response!

Can i assume that you buy standard width rolls? if so, what would you recomend? And are they set length rolls? What size roll would you recomend and what price would this be roughly?

As the old saying goes "if you need lead information, ask a cornishman"

Cheers

D

Sponsored Links
Hi. I can supply if your pushed, but it would need to be collected. 270mm wide and 3.6 m in length (cut into 1.2m lengths) Approx £44-00 including vat.
I am in Wadebridge, North Cornwall.

Hi Justlead1,

i've sent you a message via here and email..........

D

To Justlead1,

Thanks for your help with the lead and thanks for hanging around for me!!

I havent fitted the lead yet, i want to take my time with it to make sure i get it right so have used the temporary flashing kit and will put the lead over this when it stops bloddy raining!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back