Help to improve a VERY big lawn area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings from France.

I have a garden of just under 4,000 square metres. There are quite a few trees around, although favouring one side, the rest is 'herbe des vaches' (cow grass.)

Now this doesnt look to bad if you keep on top of it with the mower, but the Brit in me wants better grass.
Turfing is out (Try lifting this amount of grass even with a Honda Turfcutter!)
As above but then seeding is out.

Is there a decent grass that I can sow on top of the existing grass on the basis that the new stuff will eventually get a stranglehold over the old stuff?

Another thought was (still looking for a source - Golf club supplies) of using Feed & Weed with new grass being sowed or is it sown over the patches where the weeds were.

Helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppp please

Regards

Jim

Sponsored Links
how about a couple of large vegetable patches, and a small orchard. An then a managable lawn.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes...... well I already have two veg plots.

There's a big shrub bed to go in, but that will only put a small dent in the 'lawn'

Regards
J

I think your only option then is to rotavate, systematic weedkiller, prepare soil, then re-seed.

Sponsored Links
Yep, I was afraid of that!

There's so much work on the house and what with turning a barn into a woodworking shop, this might just go near the bottom of the list.

Thanks for your comments
J

Hire / Buy a ride on tractor mower with rotatavor attachment should make short work of it. Hard bit would be done in an afternoon. Unfortunately now is a good time to do it what with everything growing strongly now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back