FELT SHINGLES FOR SHED ROOF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a shed, but the felt for the roof is very thin

A colleague has recommended that I just get it covered in ‘proper’ felt rather than the flimsy felt provided.

I was going to do this, but came across felt shingles on the Wickes web site which looked good

Do these do a good job ?

Are they easily fitted, by a joiner, rather than a trained roofer ?

Sponsored Links
These are more than adequate for a shed roof and if you can hold a hammer in one hand and a clout nail in the other then you can fit it yourself. Some of them also recommend using a roofing adhesive as well but it is very easily done. Nip in to Wickes and have a read of the instructions to be sure.

[GALLERY=media, 8819][/GALLERY]
Photo is of my workshop, finished about 2 years ago. the roof is 18mm OSB, underlay of felt, and felt shingles. Gives 3 layers of coverage.
They're available in various colours, instructions are included on the wrapping. We're about 200m above sea level so we get a reasonable amount of wind.
Best thing is, when the shingles get a bit worn, perhaps 10 - 20 years time, they can be recovered once without stripping the originals first.

Me too. I did my workshop roof with T & G, underlay and then these shingles, they are called "Rocky". Really pleased with result. Cost £200 for the underlay, shingles, and guttering.

Better than felt any day.

Sponsored Links
Hi Toptec,

I know its a pretty old thread, but would you have a build thread for the workshop you built. It's beautiful

Shane

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back