self employed = CIS?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a call to day from an agency about a possible job wiring panels for a third party.
the third party wants someone who is self employed.

I was self employed before but after 5 years employed by the same firm on the books, my CIS card is no longer valid..

I'm currently unemployed and don't really want to register as self employed until it's cast iron I got the job in case it falls through and it messes up my jobseekers allowance. ( booo hissss..yeah I hate us dole moles too.. no choice though.. )

Is it still a CIS card for people in the trades ( sparky ) or is it something else now?

Sponsored Links
yes as far as I know it hasn't changed
i have my cis card but don't sub to anyone these days so it just clutters up my wallet :LOL: :LOL:

CIS cards all went out of the window 2 years ago

All you now need is your UTR (unique tax reference) - give to the contractor and they will then process payments to you and provide you with a month end statement of earnings and tax deducted

Sponsored Links
Im registered as self employed and claiming, they said it wasnt a issue but id check with your local job centre first.

Im registered as self employed and claiming, they said it wasnt a issue but id check with your local job centre first.

so in other words you working and sponging

Keep your slanderous comments to yourself, i kept my registration because the last contractor i was employed by required everyone to be self employed and be paid via the cis or whatever it is now system. the reason im still registered and paying my class 2 contributions is so if anymore work comes up on that side i can **** these **** benefits off and go back to work. Wanna try living on 100 quid every two weeks moron? ill be lucky to get anywhere near the amount ive paid in back out so shut it you imbecile.

what you paying contributions for your on the dole they'll pay it.
sure us that are working don't mind and not claiming will pay that to.

If i had the choice of going to work in the morning or sitting at home, id rather go to work.

to be honest it can't be nice to have lost work or your job in the middle of a recession and your money drops just like that.

its bad enough when work slows down let alone stops.

id say that to anyone on here or in the street if i think they are lazy, scrounging or in general bone idol.

I say good luck to anyone on the dole and working on the side, we all like a cash job.

They are no worse than rich people that use tax evasion methods deliberately designed and approved by the government.

Sponsored Links
Back