Non-paying customers - advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently completed a job for a landlord, who has now decided to not pay me. I did not provide a written quotation but agreed verbally on the price. Having done the job the landlord has indicated that certain aspects have not been completed, and I have stated this wasn't in with the price. I have already completed additional plumbing work to what i quoted for and not been paid for that either. Can anyone adivse what my rights by law are. I have invoiced them with the amount due, but landlord won't even return my calls. Can i charge interest on the amount due on a daily or weekly basis. What is the best way to resolve this matter before going to a debt collecting agency. Any comments, past experience on this would be most grateful :cry:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
if you had no contract signed before you started then old kevs right

you were done up like a kipper

its happened to us all and it dont get better with time

I never work for landlords/builders or anywhere that I am working in a property which is not thier home without a signed contract before work commences and a hefty deposit, as this happens all the time.

Even if you go to CC its a "your word against his" so I think you're pretty well stuffed matey Sorry

not so, in this country a verbal contract is still good.

The guy aint gona just pop into someones house and start work without someone asking him first

doitall said:

The guy aint gona just pop into someones house and start work without someone asking him first

only if it can be corrobrerated by a thrid, and independant, person. Without that it aint worth the paper its written on

As I have said I have been caught before and taken it as far as I can so kinda know what I am on on this one

doitall said:

are you trained in the law?

corgiman said:
doitall said:

only if it can be corrobrerated by a third, and independent, person. Without that it ain't worth the paper its written on

As I have said I have been caught before and taken it as far as I can so kinda know what I am on on this one

breezer said:
doitall said:

are you trained in the law?

No, but i can copy the law out if it pleases you and I get the time.

May have to wait till next weelend though.

i am trying to point out that yes, we all feel sorry for the poster, we have all done it (or similar) but unless you are qualified in the law, have all the facts etc etc etc (in triplicate because that it what solicitors seem to do)
then there is nothing we can do, apart form suggest the poster gets legal advice.

which is why i mentioned item 16

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back