oops sprayed systemic on my lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:rolleyes:

yes i know im a numpty but i dont know much about gardening. there were lots of dandylions on my lawn and i wanted rid of them so i ignored the warning on the systemic weedkiller bottle and sprayed it on my lawn! needless to say 2 weeks later i now have large brown patches all over my once lovely green lawn!!

2 quesions
1) will the grass ever grow back? next year perhaps? or am i going to have to dig out the dead grass patches and sow grass seed?
2) how do i get rid of dandylions?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Not sure about the grass growing back, but to get rid of dandelions, I use a combination of digging them out (the sooner the better, while the weeds are still young and before they seed!) and a good weed, feed and moss killing application.

the dandelions you sprayed will die. easiest and safest way in your case is to get a root grubber and get them up with that in the future.

as for the grass growing back, well its gone brown because its dead, because you sprayed a systemic weedkiller on it. So unless you can raise the dead, its time to remove it and patch it in! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
As Thermo says for getting rid of the dandelions, dig them out. Read Bob Flowerdew's books, and stop using sprays on anything. There are other ways which are less damaging. For example glyphosate is supposed to be safe, well it might be, but the other chemicals mixed with it aren't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back