Summer House / Log Cabin

Sponsored Links
Hi we bought a Reikko - then sold by B & Q,but you can get them from Argos etc - went together well and is a lovely building.
Good luck!

We had one made in the end by a local company who could make to spec, you could go to workshop to see materials and the in-progress cabin and then it was delivered and erected when ready

Worked out cheaper or similar in price than the ready made type manufactured ones - Lugarde, Finnlife etc and we got exactly what we wanted.

Watch out for decent sized bearers and supporting beams, and check whether company uses chipboard type material rather than real wood for floors, roofing etc, shingles are better in general than shed roofing felt

You get a certain degree of what you pay for so take your time and shop round. go and check your local garden centres and look in yellow pages for shed/cabin/summer house manufacturers as you are bound to have some lcoal ones to you

Main thing at the moment be careful how much you pay up front as many of these companies will be struggling

Sponsored Links
The only bit of advice that I can give is to check with the suppliers where the building is manufactured. Got one delivered last year in kit form ready to slot together (quick job), but teo of the timbers were split/broken, and since the building was manufactured in Lithuania, there was a 5 week delay in the replacements arriving, which meant that the rest of the timbers (and there were a lot of them) had to be left protected the best it could in the garden and taking over the garage.

Not a joyous experience!

The only bit of advice that I can give is to check with the suppliers where the building is manufactured. Got one delivered last year in kit form ready to slot together (quick job), but teo of the timbers were split/broken, and since the building was manufactured in Lithuania, there was a 5 week delay in the replacements arriving, which meant that the rest of the timbers (and there were a lot of them) had to be left protected the best it could in the garden and taking over the garage.

Not a joyous experience!

Funnily enough that was our worry. A lot of the ones you see via ebay etc are from eastern European sources, so whilst they may seem cheap you are at the mercy of someone many hundreds of miles away

Plus anyway in current climate buy local and keep you local businesses alive!!

Don't get me wrong here - the quality of the timbers and fittings is far superior to anything I've seen built in the UK for similar structures at twice the price, and I obviously did a lot of homework before I got it.

Just a cautionary note about how long it may take should there be any damaged parts upon delivery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back