Dulux trade Paint What's The Difference

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I need to paint my garage so have looked on the B&Q website for Dulux Weathershield Smooth Masonry Paint in pure brilliant white. They sell this paint in both trade and standard versions, the trade being slightly cheaper. Can anyone tell me the difference if there is one? They also sell a trade "all seasons" version at twice the price but I'm not paying £40 for 5 litres.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It certainly aint down here in Wales..and the Big three paint comapnies have slowly been alienating there loyal account holders over the years by either dineiging them a rep unless they spend thousands, putting smaller firms prices up..thus subsidising the big boys..and sometimes not telling the account holder 9a favourite trick of Dulux) or just closing the account because small firms aint spending enough

Jonstones have just pulled that one on me...even though im spending thousands a year with them by ordering for the people I work for instead...so...thats going to stop!!

I cant wait til the rep comes arse licking!

Sponsored Links
Nice one bennn.
Going on those figures..10ltrs of trade is £36.48 and 10ltrs of, let's call it retail (for the sake of argument;) ) is £41.96 :eek:
Ordinarily, trade paint is better than retail. Ridiculous to call it "Trade" but however it's better, so therefore more expensive. One difference between the 2 here, is that Trade paint will go further, so in this instance, it's a win/win for the Trade stuff.
So to answer your question Are you suggesting the trade paint is superior? -
Yes .

Well spotted benn....get it bought.

Did you check out the trade card Grolw?...60 days to pay low prices etc..open 7 days a week and til late

The main difference between trade and retail is, in most instances, trade goes further..it also covers better

Retail paint os for DIYers who need something that goes on easy and doesnt smell to much..pro painters dont need these qualities because they have the skill to apply it and in many cases they are not affected by the smell..

In order for paint to have these qualities the paint companies have to take something out in order to add other materials to the paint

They take the pigment out...so it doesnt go that far, neither doesnt it cover very well,

Did you check out the trade card Grolw?...60 days to pay low prices etc..open 7 days a week and til late

No...don't know much about it. I mainly use the local independent paint shop and they don't sell Dulux.
They now have "Crown Solo self undercoating gloss" at very attractive prices with 20% extra.....yes 20% free :eek: and because a lot of decs are catching on to this wonderful product :idea: it now flies off the shelf.
;)

Hmmm :LOL:

Have you wondered why they are knocking it out cheap though?? :evil:

The paint on the right which sells for £40 is an alkyd based exterior paint, whereas the £20 tin in the middle is water based. So the comparison is not on a like for like basis.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back