Foil backed plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the proper trade name is for the above.
Also what sizes it comes in and is it readily available.

Sorry, lots of questions.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Gyproc and Knauf are common trade names but generic name of foilback plasterboard is fine. Sheet sizes 2400x1200 x9.5/12.5/15 thick, all readily available from DIY sheds and BMs.

It was only three questions, so not too taxing ;)

Sponsored Links
Gyproc and Knauf are common trade names but generic name of foilback plasterboard is fine. Sheet sizes 2400x1200 x9.5/12.5/15 thick, all readily available from DIY sheds and BMs.

It was only three questions, so not too taxing ;)
Beat me by seconds;

For whom did the bell toll :?:

Ah but you gave the OP some links ergo much more helpful than my post. ;)

Thus, it tolls for me, as opposed to thee :LOL:

Thanks all,

Thinking about it I might use the green plasterboard which I presume would be a bit cheaper. Only need about 3 boards.

Cheers

Thanks all,

Thinking about it I might use the green plasterboard which I presume would be a bit cheaper. Only need about 3 boards.

Cheers
What are you using it for? The two types of board have distinctly different uses; MR board will not prevent damp ingress whereas Duplex board provides a physical foil barrier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back