Footings at bottom of folding sliding doors

fathertobe";p="1236440 said:
The wood frame you can see in the picture is just a temporary construction so I can board up the back of the house while we're waiting for the doors.

Here's a wider shot:

Does that make sense. to be honest not to sure how the doors work,according too the picture your putting them on a runner fixed to the brickwork which is flush with ground level,then going to put a aco drain in front of them is that right lol, look father i reckon nosealll might be a better judge, i never come across nothing like it,no wonder the builder scratching his head, cant the sliding doors go on at least one course of bricks? got a photo of doors ? :confused:

Sponsored Links
No, they are just attached to the floor in order to support the suspended floorboards. Guess that might mean they are technically not joists.

If the joists are part of a void filling make-up and not (as i thought) a true suspended floor then they are not likely to sit on the inner skin of masonry.

That is not to say though, that you could still remove the final inner course of bricks and bulk-out the existing joists by fixing a double trimmer into the ends of the existing joists.

Then, fix the floor boards. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Ok. We'd planned to have the threshold finish lower than external door (a halfway house between flush and the conventional mount at least a brick course off the external FFL.

HOWEVER, I'm now thinking it might be easier just to live the whole doors up a bit - making the sill finish at least 30mm higher than FFL. I'll still fit the ACO, of course. Then water running off cill will immediately end up in ACO.

I know this isn't a perfect solution but there are other constraints.

We're going to make moulds to build up each course of brick by 35mm. (then, of course, get the whole frame and doors made 35mm shorter).

What alternatives (if any) would people advise to to strong mortar?

Appreciate comment if you're still on board!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back