Samsung J1453 - error code 5e - done all the required fixes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm getting the error code 5e on my samsung J1453 washing machine.

I have the manual and have done whats been suggested, clean filter, check drainage hose etc and still getting the same error code when the machine attempts to drain.

The filter propeller was making an awful noise when attmepting to drain so I checked that and I'm sure it was falling on when trying to spin, so I removed it from the filter drained manually and started the spin cycle - but came across the same error!?!

Anyone got any ideas??? at all??
thanks

Sponsored Links
OK

I've managed to get the machine to spin, by taking out the filter propeller - It's definitely coming loose when spin kicks in, you can here it clattering around trying to spin but bouncing all over the shop.

Is this common - any reason for this, I can't see any real wear or tear on the propeller itself so why would it be falling off?

Obviously when falling off it was causing a 'blockage' thats was itself causing the 5E error

I take it you mean the impeller on the drain pump has fallen off.

I have seen this a few times and have always ended up fitting a new pump

ah yes - the impeller - yep, thats the thing, thanks!

This is exactly what it looks like -

https://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/images/1541442.jpg

Is this common at all? I've removed the impeller and ran the machine again, but still get the 5E error - would this be the case in general becuase I've removed the impeller?? I thought removing it might stop the blockage as the blockage was the impeller itself falling off.

What's the job of the impeller - if you don't mind educating me a little more?

I'd be happy to fit it myself if anyone can point me in the direction of a parts distributor where I could get hold of one?!

Thanks again
Regent

Sponsored Links
the impeller flicks the water round in easy terms have you google for a pump

I've just emailed the same guy on ebay to ask about that exact pump

Thanks a lot

Why does the water need flicking around??

Regent (obvisouly not a plumber or electrician)

water needs to move up the drain pipe. holding it up will not get the water up so the pump will flick the imellor round ,bit like a ship no power it just sits then once the rear impeller on the ship starts it pushes water away ,thats the easy way to explain it .

OK

I fitted the new pump, which I been assured is the correct pump (the exact one as above) and all fits well etc.

I've tried out the spin cycle but it won't spin at top speed, simply displays 9mins on the display, ticks to 8mins and slowly spins for a min, the goes back to 9min and same process carries on and on...... Not getting up any speed.

Any ideas??

was it doing it before you removed the pump .if not is the heater wires still connected try and retrace your steps.

Before, the washing machine wouldn't drain and would error before getting to a spin. Now it just spins without much effort - it's like theres just not enough power ??

Also, want to make sure I'm getting the wires the correct way round - I have a red wire with a connector and blue and white wires on a single connector - on my pump I have two tabs to where the wires connect, one marked L and one marked N - which goes to which??

there should only be two wires on a pump dont matter which way they go round ,

Good - tried all variations with the same outcome. Slow spinning, now fills and empties perfectly well but spinning just isn't happening - slow spin repeating

it hasnt got a no spin button on the front has it :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back