Ball park figure on replacing a whole roof, joists and all!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have a largish house, the footprint is rectangular and around 100 m2 give or take 10m2.

As its had, in the past, around 4 extensions, the roof is a bit of a state, 4 seperate lofts, pitch going in different directions and the lofts are unusable for anything except boxes.

We were thinking about another extension but then I wondered about a new roof, with one roof, giving us a huge room for a master bedroom, en suite etc. which would free up room in the rest of the house. We already have an odd little unused landing which makes me think someone had thought about this before we moved in.

Presuming you could reuse tiles what sort of money would we be looking at? I'm not worried about the finishing, just the basic roof, joists, end gable etc.

just a vague idea would be nice, I really don't know if this would cost £10,000 or £100,000.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back