High gloss kitchen doors have scour marks - any advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am based in Edinburgh and when i was cleaning up a kitchen that i had did some work in i gave the kitchen doors a wipe down with a sponge and it has left slight scour marks on the doors. The doors are red in colour and i think this hasn’t helped matters. The kitchen is nearly new and was sourced form MFI so i cant get any replacements. The customer is threatening legal action if i cant get a solution and im obviously worried. Is there any way that this type of high gloss can be repaired or re lacquered?
Any advice you have would be greatly, greatly appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
I am based in Edinburgh and when i was cleaning up a kitchen that i had did some work in i gave the kitchen doors a wipe down with a sponge and it has left slight scour marks on the doors. The doors are red in colour and i think this hasn’t helped matters. The kitchen is nearly new and was sourced form MFI so i cant get any replacements. The customer is threatening legal action if i cant get a solution and im obviously worried. Is there any way that this type of high gloss can be repaired or re lacquered?
Any advice you have would be greatly, greatly appreciated!!
You could try a colour match car polish, and hope for the best.

Wotan

My only guess would be that if you can find a local manufacturer of gloss finish doors, they may be able to help since they will have the machinery and experience required.

Sponsored Links
the high gloss doors may well be a sort of vinal coating, if they are ya gunna struggle short of replaceing them, howdens amongst other kitchen outlets do red h/g doors

I have had a lot of success in polishing scratches out of plastic with fine wet & dry then mildly abrasive polish. Try a good quality car polish applied with a soft clean cloth, turned frequently and then buffed off gently when dry. The gentle abrasive might reduce the appearance of the scratches and the wax might fill the remaining scratches and disguise them.

Hi Sean, A sponge should not leave scour marks on a glossed unit, was it a sponge or a scouring pad or something else? If it was a sponge and has left marks is it due to a cooking residue i.e. fat which should be easily removable with a proprietry cleaner. If it was a sponge then it could be a manufactures problem which is now unsolvable so I would refer your customer to the MFI recievers if this was the case but I ca'nt see a sponge causing that sort of damage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back