UNIVERSAL BEAMS FOR LOFT CONVERSION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELLO EVERYONE,

IM SOURCING SOME UB'S FOR A LOFT CONVERSION. I'VE HAD SOME DECENT QUOTES FROM LOCAL FIRMS - ROUGHLY ABOUT HALF WHAT A LOCAL BUILDER WAS QUOTING FOR THE SUPPLY. HOWEVER, DO I NEED TO GET THEM SHOTBLASTED AND PAINTED? I KNOW THIS MIGHT SEEM A DAFT QUESTION, BUT I HAVEN'T A CLUE. IF YOU DONT ASK YOU'LL NEVER KNOW.WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? IS THIS THE NORM WHEN PUTTING BEAMS IN A LOFT?

THANKS.

Sponsored Links
I hear fire damaged ones are pretty cheap.

Is the builder going to have to install the beams that you cobble together?

You're right up your own **** aren't you noseall. I'ts a simple enough question, nothing to do with "cobbled together" beams, or defective beams. Don't bother answering if it's only to take the ****. It's about saving money, probably about £600, so take your smug answer and put it where the sun doesn't shine. Don't come back on the post with your insults. This is the nature of the forum is it not? Ask questions?

Sponsored Links
Calm down ffs :rolleyes:

They should be blasted and painted, min dft 75 microns. If not though, it's not going to fall down.

Cheers, mate. Like i said, i have no idea, so that's why i asked. Anyone need any plastering advice ive no problem giving it rather than treating whoever asked like a ****. Thanks.

For full micron control I'd recommend a small gloss paint roller.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back