How low can you go ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In terms of fall with a 4" plastic underground drain :?: Just bought my LAST ever house ( bungalow) and yet again I need to do some repairs. :rolleyes: The drains blocked when we arrived. Got them moving, then power jetted and removed a lot of " scale " :mad: Should be ok , not so . the path that they are under has dropped a little, taking the pipe down a tad with it. Kangoed away the concrete and found the bloody things are level :rolleyes: In fact if you wanted to lay something level, they would be good " on the bubble" of a 6foot level. Have you guys had success with less than 1:60 for a 4inch placcy piperun. Not a desperately hard job to uncover and lift slightly , then replace peashingle. But there is very little covering to play with - so a workable fall would be the way to go . Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Drains will only block at bends, or displaced joints .... or if you fill them with rags.

So a new drain run in plastic, even without the normal 1:40 fall should perform OK.

If you can, just install an inspection chamber, and give it a blast once or twice a year

Agree with woods, a single plastic drain pipe will still run even with half the recommended fall. We have had success with as little as 4" over 8m.

Sponsored Links
Exellent. I`ll check the remaining part with a lazer level etc. That 8 meters is close to the length of run I have .Also I have put in a mini acess chamber in place of a badly done rodding point .Many Thanks, Guys. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back