combi boiler flue and cavity wall insualtion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm shortly having a combi boiler fitted (flue going straight up through roof). It will be located in the old cylinder cupboard of my bungalow simply because there is no other place to locate it (this being in the middle of the house). I qualify for free cavity wall and loft insualtion. When the loft insulation surveyor came yesterday to assess the house for cavity wall insualtion he told me the following:

The cupboard that the boiler is in will need vents as its not on a outside wall.

The boiler will need a vortex flue because as the cavity is being filled there is no where for the gas to escape to (if any problems with the boiler).

my plumber says the surveyor is talking rubbish as the new flue will be fan assisted. Has any one else heard of this or experianced this kind of problem? Know what the relevant regulations are?

Cheers for looking!

Sponsored Links
Your "surveyor" is talking out of his backside. That said, I'm not a registered gas installer but you should always refer to the MI's. Is your plumber a Gassafe RGI?

This post should be in the plumbing section.

MODS: Please move to plumbing section - ta.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back