Flexible chimney liner problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had my chimney rebuilt and the builders put 5 inch steel liners down the flues... After doing this they revealed they do not know how to seal around the liners at the bottom and neither does the plumber who took the fires off..
Does anyone know how to seal around the liners at the bottom of the flues?

Sponsored Links
Tis not difficult although it does beg some questions.
Why did they fit a flue liner? Is the plumber Gas Safe registered? Is the flue suitable for the fire being fitted?

I'm assuming there is a gas fire going in?

Thanks for you reply denso...
I was having my roof re-slated and realised that my chimney was damaged (flues had collapsed internally above the roofline) i got the chimney rebuilt and i got a chimney sweep out to check the flues - he told me that the flues were corroded and best re-lined but he couldn't do it for at least a month.. The builders offered to do it telling me that they had done it before but i later discovered they didn't know how to seal the bottom end.. I have asked the chimney sweep to seal it but he is not willing to do it because someone else put the lining down.
The plumber is registered:)
Can you please help me out denso and tell me how to seal the bottom of the flue correctly and i'l get the plumber to smoke test it.
Thanks for all your help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back