Inverted Warm Flat Roof advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a Garden room it is 6.5m x 4m block with cavity and I am now getting towards putting the roof onto it.

Have been researching different options of flat roof anf like the idea of the Inverted Warm Deck.

I am thinking of using a 1200g Polythene DPM that I used under the Floor Slab. Is there any reason why this would not be suitable?

Assuming that I can use it would it be ok if laid loose on my timber deck with insulation on top then a filtration layer then some concrete slabs on top.

Any idea how much I would need to Beef up the joists to cope with the extra weight?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I am building a Garden room it is 6.5m x 4m block with cavity and I am now getting towards putting the roof onto it.

Have been researching different options of flat roof anf like the idea of the Inverted Warm Deck.

I am thinking of using a 1200g Polythene DPM that I used under the Floor Slab. Is there any reason why this would not be suitable?

Assuming that I can use it would it be ok if laid loose on my timber deck with insulation on top then a filtration layer then some concrete slabs on top.

Any idea how much I would need to Beef up the joists to cope with the extra weight?

Cheers.

I suggest you employ the services of an architect. Roof structures are complex in the extreme and if you get it wrong ... !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back