Customer said I was to expensive!

my favorite ones are,
"it'll be £500", "is that your best price?", "no, £4000 would be MY best price, but I suppose I'll have to be realistic!"
Or, "it'll be £500", "can you do anything with that price?", "Yes, I could put it up!"
A mate of mine is a signwriter, when he quoted someone for a sign, they said "can you do it any cheaper?" he answered, "sure, which letters do you want leaving off?"
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
my favorite ones are,
"it'll be £500", "is that your best price?", "no, £4000 would be MY best price, but I suppose I'll have to be realistic!"
Or, "it'll be £500", "can you do anything with that price?", "Yes, I could put it up!"
A mate of mine is a signwriter, when he quoted someone for a sign, they said "can you do it any cheaper?" he answered, "sure, which letters do you want leaving off?"
:LOL:

:LOL: classic pml

I used to work as an audio visual technician(now retired) When a customer said £15-00 per hour was too much my comment was "It's £5-00 per hour to do the work and £10.00 per hour for knowing how to do it"

Some cracking stories here.. :LOL: ..good stuff.

But would anyone agree that some customers just ask for it sometimes..they penny pinch get a cowboy in..end up paying more or getting ripped off and get a **** job done on top!

It always surprises me when I have given a price to a customer and they have agreed it and then said 'thats plus materials I take it'...giving me the perfect opportunity to say 'oh yeh'... :evil:

Its happened to me so many times..luckily for them im a little angel and always tell them that the price included materials

Isnt it a killer though when you give a price and they look at each other and say 'wow yes!!!'...we thought it would cost much more than that! :cry: :mad:

Sponsored Links
Quoted for a load of work on a very large house once and lady of the house pushed me for an approx idea of costs whilst I was measuring up.
After few quick calcs I said between £6 to £8 thousand, which she said was a bit more than what she was expecting.
Anyway I told her I would see what I could do and get back to her with exact costs asap.
Duly worked out costs and realised I had miscalculated wildly, it was nearer £12 k.
Went back thinking that I had no chance and told her that my original guesstimate was way out and that the quote was now £12k
Waiting for usual moans, instead she said that was wonderful, when I asked why she said that it was a lot lower than my guesstimate of £68 thousand.
What made it even worse was I priced it so tight I lost money on it.
Ah well thats life

Did an alarm upgrade once in a commercial premises for a 'friend' who was himself in the building trade.
Told him the materials where expensive (told him approx price for materials).

After job was done (took nearly two days) I billed him for materials plus £42 for labour - Yes £42!

Five months later I got TWO cheques - half of the sum from each of two accounts, and a letter explaining that as it was such a lot of money he couldn't pay it all out of one bank!
The letter went on to say that he would never ask me to work for him again as I was far too expensive.

About two years later, he rang me one day and apologised.

That's friends for ya!

I am a Bricklayer but general build as in do my own groundwork ect (that way if its wrong its my fault !) and charge £200 a day for me and £100 a day for my "skilled Labourer.

If a prospective customer says i am expensive i say what you are paying for is "the knowledge in the head and the skill in the hand" :)

Take it or leave it ?

Did an alarm upgrade once in a commercial premises for a 'friend' who was himself in the building trade.
Told him the materials where expensive (told him approx price for materials).

After job was done (took nearly two days) I billed him for materials plus £42 for labour - Yes £42!

Five months later I got TWO cheques - half of the sum from each of two accounts, and a letter explaining that as it was such a lot of money he couldn't pay it all out of one bank!
The letter went on to say that he would never ask me to work for him again as I was far too expensive.

About two years later, he rang me one day and apologised.

That's friends for ya!

friend's like these who needs enema's :LOL:

you're not the only one. as others said it happens to everyone. We get it a fair bit after people request a quote, but at the end of the day, if you want quality you'll pay for it.

Obviously you're good at what you do and they were very happy with the result. so money well spent!

Sponsored Links
Back