Fair Trades Roofer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm having problems with my roof and I am looking for a roofers in the manchester area.
I'vre looked at te Fair Trades website and there are quite a few.

Is there a better chance of finding a reliable roofer if he is registered with this body or is it just a waste of space organisation?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Im a roofer who covers your area but im not in fair trades, mainly for the following reasons, i've got a good customer base and get nearly all of my work though word of mouth.
I do work for a few builders who keep me busy and sub contract work off a roofing contractor when i need him or he me.
I think to have the fair trades logo you have to pay and i guess if you are registered with them they will have checked that you do not rip people off.
I guess if you pick a roofer of the fair trades web site then if they do try to over charge or do a bad job you have some come back.
It would be better if you know someone to recommend a roofer to you.

forum rule says if he has, he cant post it.

go to his profile and invite him as friend

Sponsored Links
All we had to do to join the fair trades was send photocopies of insurance doc's health and safety stuff and 10 previous jobs.

That was like 10 years ago, we could have done some right s_hite jobs since then but the only activity they carried on doing was taking the yearly three hundered and-odd squid out my bank :rolleyes:

I'm not saying its rubbish, it would just be nice if they kind of did some sort of re-check each year. What if i'm not insured or don't bother with any H&S issues?

All we had to do to join the fair trades was ...

I'm not saying its rubbish, it would just be nice if they kind of did some sort of re-check each year. What if i'm not insured or don't bother with any H&S issues?

I used a fair trades roofer and have had a lot of problems... mainly incompetence rather than dishonesty I think, but still ended up with leaks (for 2 years) and felt not lead on the roof.

I contacted Fair Trades, who have not changed the recommendation for the company (made 10 years ago). THey offered to facilitate a discussion - for a fee of £75, refundable if no conclusion reached

Does anyone know if Fair Trades is worth using? How can one tell?

Is Fair Trades like the Guild of Crafty Mastermen- allegedly ;)

I thought Fair Trades just did coffee, not roofers? :confused:
Nah That`s Wild Bean @ BP :idea: In a Bleedin` Geordie accent.. through the tannoy interrupting the muzak... as you queue for half an hour while the dozy tarts do their M+S shopping . I`ve said Bonjour to our new Total garage... BP is a total loss :rolleyes: ... And I eMailed their HQ and told them so :LOL: Way Hey...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back