Accenta/Optima alarm problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a Gen4 Accenta alarm recently to my garage, after some initial teething problems it all seemed to work except that when set and upon entering the garage the alarm will not go off after the initial 20 seconds have elapsed.

It will go off after the PIR is activated but not on the timer???

Any help will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
C'mon guys 41 reads and no-one knows anything....... I find that hard to believe.............

All my stuff is sitting in my garage and the alarm isn't doing what it should if anyone gets in I'll lose my bikes for a 4th time and the insurance will definitely not pay out again........HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

C'mon guys 41 reads and no-one knows anything....... I find that hard to believe.............

All my stuff is sitting in my garage and the alarm isn't doing what it should if anyone gets in I'll lose my bikes for a 4th time and the insurance will definitely not pay out again........HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I would consider a robust ground anchor to protect your bikes.. Bolted to the floor with a decent anchor they would need a cutting disc.

As for your alarm prob?

You say that when you walk in you aren't detected but if you press the send/learn button on the sensor it works?

Seems to be either a faulty sensor or a sensitivity issue. Can you adjust the sensors sensitivity?

Hang on after reading again have you set an entry exit with a door contact?
Is it the door contact thet is not working or have you allocated it wrongly?
Have you inadvertently set it as a part set instead of an EE?

I agree with fastalarms beef up the physical security! No point in having an alarm if they can get in easily and walk out with the stuff.

Looking at the manual the default entry time is 30 seconds. When you set the alarm and leave does it set properly? e.g no other zone listed as open. System goes quite. How long do you leave it before re-entering?

Sponsored Links
For your information (which is not what my post is about) my bikes are bolted to the floor with a motorbike ground anchor and an 8mm hardened steel chain with a battleship padlock, the up and over door is protected with a garage door defender all of which was cut off last time.....................thats why I have installed an alarm!!

I have had an alarm fitter look at it and he was bemused as to why it wouldn't work as well. I have been on to honeywell and they have told me to defualt it back to factory settings so now I have a new question of how to do that, however I will try to get it straight what is happening do far.

The door contact is OK its a big one and it shows up on the walk through when activated, the PIR works OK and shows up on the walk through when activated.

Now the problem, when the alarm is set (the beeps go fast to slow and stop and the panel shows active) if the door is opened the beeps start again and continue for approx. 1min 30sec. and then it will go into alarm, it will not go into alarm after 20 seconds which is what I set for entry time.

Honeywell say I have programmed it wrong but its a very simple system so I dont see where I can have done that.

The door contact is on 1 (Front Door) the PIR is on 2 (Hall) and all other zones are looped out and set to inactive and untimed. Entry time is 10 secs. with exit time 20secs.

The new question is how do I defualt the panel, in the manual is say cut all power and put in a link between Set and PA then power up allow alarm to come on then power down again and remove links and power up again.

Hopefully this will help you give a better answer.
Thanks

We were just checking you had also thought about physical security because some people think fitting an alarm is enough. Also 8mm is easy to cut with bolt croppers! Look at 16mm. From what I have seen the Almax chains are meant to be good! Impossible to hand crop with 42" croppers.

I don’t think it’s a good ideal to fit a garage door defender since it advertises you have something of value inside. Maybe fit a pair of these
EnfieldGaragebolts.gif

Maybe you have made an error in the programming by accident. So default it and try again. Follow what the manual says on how to default it.

When you default it I would leave the factory setting except for program the zones that are not used out. Then see if it works.

Alarm now working fine, I misunderstood the timing instructions.....D'oh...

The alrm set times are in multiples of 10 secs. and shown on the pad as 01, 02 etc. I set the time to 20 so it was actually set to 200 secs !!!!!!

It is now set to 02 for entry which equals 20 seconds which is plenty enough time for the missus to panic, forget her number, try it, remember it, try it again and then enter it properly............

Thanks for the help. :)

PS liked the look of the chains and when there is some money available will definitely get two, one for the push bikes and one for the motorbike.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back