Box profile roof insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My garage has a pitched roof with box profile plastic coated steel/metal sheets. Its a single pitch from side to side with guttering along the lower edge. It looks like the trusses have been homemade but it all appears solid. There is little additional weight on the trusses except some racks for spare wood etc.

There are currently lots of air spaces allowing air movement underneath the roof.

In winter condensation is a problem with the moisture condensing on the metal roofing and running down the box profile and dripping into the garage.

I am looking at removing the sheeting, putting down marine ply or similar then mounting the current sheets on z-profile 'brackets' and filling the space with some sort of insulation so that the condensation problem is removed.

Sorry if my nomenclature is incorrect!

I'm looking for advice on the type and thickness of board to use across the trusses. What insulation would be most appropriate (kingspan, cavity insulation etc) and what vapour barriers/spacing I need to build into the roof.

Thanks all
Rolf

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back