Leaking Flat Roof

Yes the front is 18 sqm(approx). However I need the back done as well. Like I said before that is the best quote I have had. They all seem like cow boys to me as well. So I don't know what to do!!

I'm actually thinking about doing it myself, but I just don't have time at the moment.

I may just go with my best quote and see how much my heating bills are this winter.

I will get this rubbish house to keep its heat someday.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have recently discovered my wimpy chalet style house has a leak in the flat roof. I have only been in the house for 4 months. On discovering the leak I went onto the roof to find that it has seen better days and has been patched up considerably already.

Can anybody suggest some advice on the best course of action. I'm hoping I can seal it enough until the summer(time will tell) but was wondering about a new felt covering, or fibreglass covering or epdm rubber or modifying the roof using a frame and making the flat roof pitched(this may have a name and isn't something I've seen before) but I can't see why it can't be done. The pitched roof would also have the advantage of giving me the ability to insulate the roof, as the current flat roof basically has no insulation which is about half my roof area.

I suspect a diy job is not really an option for this problem, as I have never done anything like this before.

All suggestions greatly received. I live in Renfrew by the way if anyone can suggest good local roofing companies.

This is a bit of a long shot as original post was so long ago, was searching for solution to Wimpy flat roof issues and found your post. We recently moved into one of these Wimpy Chalet type over the water from you, can you let me know if you ever went ahead with a pitched design. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back