Potterton Performa 28 pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
problem with our boiler, hope someone can help.
the hot water takes a very long time before it comes on, ive noticed the pressure gauge is always sitting at 0.
we have had the boiler for 7 years, and was serviced last summer.

i was under the impression that one could re-pressurise the boiler by turning a knob from underneath the boiler, there are two underneath, turning these has no effect.

So is this a job for a professional, or anything else i can try?
the service is due for this year, im thinking i may mention it to the service engineer at the same time, but will it be an expensive job?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you cannot repressurise it then you could see if you have the skills to replace the filling loop yourself. Its quite a simple job but has the potential to cause a flood if you get it wrong.

Otherwise most engineers would treat it as a repair rather than a routine service.

We charge just £55 for a service but £84 for a repair in our local area. We only do a service when we can fit it in and usually about a week after the call whereas a repair is normally done the same day.

Tony

ive turned both knobs, left them for a while, and this has made no change.
Any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
aside from mister wonderful ill sneak an advert in above :rolleyes:

try removing the silver pipe and turning the valve on

does any water come out ?

it could be a dodgy plastic top on the valve ie the top is turning but the valve aint ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back