Losing Plumbing Jobs To Cut-Throat Quotes From Competition

Van £14000 (Over a 3 year period 4666.667 per year) not including finance

well that's just not right is it?
you say 14000 over 3 years.. at which point you still have a van worth, say, 10000 ( or whatever it's depreciated to )..
you can part exchange this for a new van meaning you pay the difference, or if you keep the van then it's not spread over 3 years is it?

Sponsored Links
Nope. If you place the van in the fixed assets you depreciate it the way it is above (3 years = £ 4666.66 annual).
Where you sell your van for is seen as profit on assets if you sell it for more than the book value at that moment in time (if there's still a book value, after 3 years the book value = 0)
The yearly depreciation are part of your total costs of running a business

I can't believe some of these comments, Im currently working out how much it costs to run a small company and these costs have to be passed onto customer, Van included - it is a required tool

Sponsored Links
ColJack , you obviously don't run your own business. You allow for fuel, but leave out masses. What about financing the vehicle, for a start!?
and what about financing the car to get me to work? same thing but I don't get to charge my boss for it do I? it comes out of my wages..

Then there's no pension, no sickness pay,
same here, only statutory after so many days and that's government paid so you shoukd get that too..
and no holiday pay.
, ok you got me there..

Take the bus then.

Back