Roof vent tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a marley modern tiled roof which is about 6 years old. I want to fit a vent tile to expel the moisture from the bathroom. How hard a job is this?

I've tried to see if i could expel via the eaves, but due to the design of the loft space, this is not possible. I know I could simply cut a hole in the bathroom wall and put the extractor fan there, but it seems easier to me to put a vent tile in the roof?

Would this be true, or am I making too much hard work for myself?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi noseall

Care to divulge what things I would need to do this, and the correct way to do it?

Cheers!

when you receive your TILE VENT TERMINAL it will be packaged in polystyrene. do not throw away or damage this packaging. part of the poly' packaging is a template.

you will need a head for heights.

you will need some flexi hose (tumble dryer vent hose).

i would suggest fitting the tile, on say, the fourth course up from the eaves.

it may be wise to fit the hose to the tile vent prior to fixing the vent tile to the roof. you don't want to be messing about with it on yer back in a confined loft.

follow the instructions on the packaging. easy.

Sponsored Links
Hi noseall

Thanks for your reply!

My main concern is the fact that the roofing felt under the tile will have to be cut to make way for the hose. I want to make sure that the roof is still watertight after I've fitted it.

Is this a concern?

Thanks again!

GazKaz said:
Hi noseall

Thanks for your reply!

My main concern is the fact that the roofing felt under the tile will have to be cut to make way for the hose. I want to make sure that the roof is still watertight after I've fitted it.

Is this a concern?

Thanks again!

Not unless your roof tiles are leaking in water, otherwise no. ;)

Hi Markie

Roof tiles seem fine, No leaks as yet!

I'll think I'll order one. Do you know of any suppliers in the Merseyside area or online?

Thanks

GazKaz said:
Hi Markie

Roof tiles seem fine, No leaks as yet!

I'll think I'll order one. Do you know of any suppliers in the Merseyside area or online?

Thanks

Ask your local DIY store or try google. ;)

GazKaz said:
Hi noseall

Is this a concern?

Thanks again!

there is i a water diverter tray that you fit along with the tile. all the instructions will be there.

I am also trying to fit a roof vent and am not sure whether to somehow remove tiles working from inside the loft or to work outside and remove the tiles from the roof.
Very grateful if someone could advise me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back