roof query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Ive cut and nailed the rafter etc. Ive now got to finish the blockwork on the gable ends.

Now what goes between the tile and the wall so that it can be pointed?

I look at part of an extension we had done on another house, and it looks like some sort of slate?

If there was no overhang, I could use the wall, but looks nicer with some overhang.

I hope you understand what im on about

sort of like this:

roof-19.jpg

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It's called undercloak, available from Roofing or (some) Builders Merchants

It's fibre cement sheet 1.2m x 150mm

As per Roofer really as fibre cement cloak is the simplest and cheapest option.

Up until the '70s plain tiles were also used as cloak and these would be bedded on mortar forming the cloak overhang. Over-sailor bricks can also form a cloak.

Is it my eyes or is that brickwork 'Wonky' :eek: :eek: :eek:

It looks fine up to the level of the box end but then.............I must have taken some acid!! ;)

Sponsored Links
cheers all

Them bricks are wonky, found it in google, the person changed a flat roof to a pitched roof, hence the difference in bricks.

how much is fibre cement sheets?

Is it my eyes or is that brickwork 'Wonky' :eek: :eek: :eek:

It looks fine up to the level of the box end but then.............I must have taken some acid!! ;)

Imagine what it would have looked liked if they had tried to build a brick corbel to deal with the fascia! :eek:

I've obviously been on this Forum for too long Noseall........ I actually know what you are talking about!!!!!!!!

:) :) :)

..and for those of you who don't known what a corbelled kicker or brick kneeler looks like...
Image024.jpg

Just carried out exactly the same job.

Cement Fibre Sheets 4' x 6" wide about a quid each from my local builders merchants. Make sure you get the non-asbestos ones, although don't know if they still sell asbestos ones or not.

By the way aren't dry verge kits a great invention!!![/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back