Match a Tile???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I currently have on my house marley gray flat tiles. I am having a summer room built at the back. The pitch on the roof is 16 degrees so I can only use regent gray or wessex gray. Does anyone know which is the best colour match for the marley gray.

Thanks for any help,

Jiggy!

Sponsored Links
Thanks but what I wanted to know was is it a better match in colour than the regent gray. I have a funny feeling the regent gray is a light gray.

I can recommend Wessex tiles. I've got them on my own extension (right on the limit at 15 degrees). They've stood up to some rainstorms of Biblical proportions in the last couple of years. Make sure you go for a smooth finish to shed the water more efficiently. I wouldn't agonise over the colour match. New tiles will always look different from ones that have been up for a few years - even if they're exactly the same spec.

Sponsored Links
If you go down to your local roofing supplier I'm sure they can dig up samples of both tiles.

Well that's pretty crap. A big supplier local to me doesn't stock anything like every flavour of tile, but they do keep a big selection of samples so people can see what they're ordering.
Colours are consistent across the same manufacturer's range so any tile from Redland in "Slate Grey 30" should be the colour you're considering. Ditto for "Smooth Grey" in the Marley range. You'll probably get minor batch variations, but, as I say, the colour will change anyway once they're up.

just a thought if your stuck with choices for tiles, the 'cambrian' roof tile is used quite a bit up here for shallow pitches. They are an inter locking slate looking tile. Not likely to match what you have but the best tile for shallow pitches imo, i think they're good until 12.5 degrees of the top of my head.

Thanks mate; I ended up going with the Wessex. They are more expensive but I think they are the best and the best match.

Thanks again everyone for you help,

Jiggy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back