Baxi Duo Tec question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people, a quick question for those familiar with this boiler, i just recently had a baxi duo tec 24he fitted and want to know how i can have hot water only without the central heating kicking in.

There are only 3 options on the controls, OFF/HOT WATER & CH/RESET. iv put the temp of the CH down to the lowest it will go which is 25c but in order to have hot water on demand you have to have the CH on as well which very annoying as its constantly making a humming noise and occasionally fires up.

Any ideas? my previous boiler and a control which only fired the boiler up if needed you hot water, CH or both. i don't want to keep switching it on and off when i need it for hot water.

Thanks

Craig

Sponsored Links
:confused: combi, means hot water on demand wich over rides ch demand.if recently installed then id get the installer back to show you the controls. as this is good practice done by a rgi when works beeen completed.

Building regs part L specify a boiler interlock is required.

You either haven't got one or you don't know how to use it.

Refer back to your installer

Sponsored Links
Part of the boiler installation is to explain the controls properly, which clearly has not been done.
Get him back to solve the problem.

Thanks for the repllies so far, He did go through the controls and said it stays on because of the frost protection. however after the reading the manual that only comes on if the boiler drops below 5c. im guessing its something to with the boiler interlock, can some one shed some light on this and how it can be sorted??

Thanks

Craig

You should have a timer? Plugged into the boiler maybe?

You should also have a thermostat on the wall.

Turning either of these down or off will prevent heating coming on.

If you have neither then get him to fit them!

It sounds to me as if he may have wrongly wired it !

Is he a bona fide registered installer?

What you have is not correct although I am not totally confident that you necessarily know how to control it!

Does it have a timeclock?

Does it have a room stat?

Tony

There is a mechanical clock timer fitted which is set to off but doesnt seem to switch the boiler off. there is a room thermostat which was set to the previous boiler but isnt hooked up to the new one. is there a way to connect the old one up or will a new one be required? i cant see how the old one was connected as i recently bought this house and the previous owners took the old boiler with them which was a condensing one. iv had it converted to combi.

Thanks

Craig

Was it declared at the contract stage that they were taking the boiler with them?

They are classed as part of the house and should not be just taken with them!

They can take light bulbs and one seller did that to me! Miserable tight ....

Tony

it was a repo so bought as seen, they more or less took everything including the lights and the fireplace!

Hi,

There are only the controls you said (OFF/HOT WATER & CH/RESET) on the Duotec and the temp control only goes down to 25c.
I've spoken to Baxi technical about this because I paid extra for the built in digital clock and this has no off facility on it. (rip off)
They told me that I should have a room stat and you would turn off the boiler by turning off at the room stat preventing central heating mode firing up un-necessary in the summer time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back