Grohe flush problems

crt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two problems with a recently installed Grohe push flush (concealed cistern):

1. Flush is too short so doesn't wash away what it ought to. Tried moving the polystyrene float higher up but it hasn't made much difference.

2. Now that I've tinkered as above, when the valve shuts the water supply off, it does so such force that it causes the feed pipe to judder noisily.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
'Fraid it's the pan's fault , some are bloody hopeless. What make is it? Not an old one meant for the old 9 litre flush is it? (Now 6l)

The pan is new as well (Ideal Standard).

Theirs are ok as a rule.

Is there a sharp bend at the back of the pan?

Can you simulate a "better" flush valve, by takingmost of the Grohe one out? Quite often they click apart for servicing, leaving just a hole in the bottom of the cistern. If that works, maybe a differnt valve is the way to go.

Sponsored Links
You probably need to eat a poor diet so you do big heavy pludumpff jobbies, they flush away better than healthy diets where it's all wind and piiss and float around bobbing away through all the half a pint of water we now have to use for flushing, either that or use a bucket.
Try eating lots of greasy pies and chips regularly and little fruit.

on the flushmaster flap valve the volume of the flush can be adjusted by turning the rubber valve. Might be worth checking yours for a similar adjustment.

Thanks - where will I find the rubber valve?

If its a flap type valve the rubber valve is about 2" in diameter and sits oner the hole in the bottom of the cistern.

If its a syphon the ignore my post

I'll look and see what I've got.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back