Cutting into an Internal Corner in a Peddledashed Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to cut a chase / recess into an external pebbledashed wall for a lead flashing.

I plan to use a 4" circular saw with a diamond blade suitable for masonary.

I need to cut into an internal 90 degree corner, running the chases up at 45 degrees for a porch roof.

Can any one advise what to do when it comes to trying to cut right into the corner for the lead flashing ?

Is a hammer and chisel the only way to cut a chase right into the corner ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Not entirely clear on what you're up to here, nor why you need 45 degs., but a 4" blade is really too small to cut into a corner to any useful depth.. You'd need a 9" blade at least. As ever, photo appreciated...

It is possible to stitch drill a series of shallow holes then use a plugging chisel to link them into a chase. A mini angle grinder can get to within an inch or two from an internal corner.

Sponsored Links
Gents

Many thanks for the info.

I have uploaded a picture. I have tried to show the 45 degree cuts required to fit the lead flashing for the porch roof with the red lines.
By the way we have had to remove the roughcast and are about to apply fresh pebbledash.

Should the lead flashing be installed before pebbledashing ? Is this the best way as I am a little concerned about having to cut into the fresh pebbledash.

alastairreid

I agree with you. our roughcaster wants to do the same, however the roofer and joiner want to do it after !

should I push to have the joiner and roofer do it now ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back