spy hole viewers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To install a spy hole viewer, does the door have to be wood? What if the door were metal, could that still work? :?:

Sponsored Links
Of course you can fit one to a metal door . Breezer stop teasing the American's .

LOL! I'm sorry if my question was stupid. I am not usually the one who handles that sort of stuff. But since I recently lost my husband, I have to do these things myself now. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
sorry to hear of your loss, i wasnt teasing, just answering your questions in order.

no and yes

I wasn't upset at your answer. I just wanted to explain why I was asking a dumb question. I am the type of person who hates to ask for help, but I figure this is not something I want to mess up and ruin a door. I will have to hire someone to do the job for me, I guess.

Any wooden doors are not a problem and as for the metal door depending on how the metal door structure are made internally, if you know the manufacter of the door, they would be able to help you where to drill the hole. Failing that you could have a Security CCTV Cameras, see here for one of them.

most of the metal doors in the states are just a metal skin with either a timber or composite core drilling through them shouldn't be a problem

Seriously though, if you can manage to install one of those little cameras it will give you a very much better picture of who's outside than any spyhole viewer.

spy hole lets you se who is standing in front of door, but not to the sides, camera lets you see who is standing to the sides but not who is at the the front door (it wont let you see their face)

so have both / or two cameras, one above and to the side of door, and one bullet camera acting as spy hole

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back