Shower / boiler help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a 1 bedroom 1st floor flat with only a bath. :(

I want to put in a shower early next year. As a short term soloution I put a tap mixing attachement on the taps ( http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8323703/Trail/searchtext>SHOWER.htm ) until I can afford to put the shower in. There problem is with this is that the cold water pressure is so bad when you lift the shower mixing tap attachment above tap level hardly any cold water gets out the attachement. Hot water is fine but it is too hot because there is not enough cold mixing in. The cold water tap works fine without attachement.

I have a combi boiler (Wrosester 28Si II) and also what looks like a big black water tank in the hall - would that be for the cold water or hot?

How can I solve this cold water problem and what type of shower would you recomend for this type of setup?

Thanks for any help / advice.

Sponsored Links
you sure your attachement is working properly ?
as you say the cold is ok when using just the tap.

it does state for low pressure systems only.

running from a combi won't be low pressure.

you sure your attachement is working properly ?
as you say the cold is ok when using just the tap.

it does state for low pressure systems only.

running from a combi won't be low pressure.

Yes, just done a test. When swapping the attachement around. THe cold water pressure is really bad. I guess it is coming from the water tank and the hot is coming from the combi boiler prob mains fed.

Dunno what I need to do to move forward and get something fixed. I can't live without a shower. :(

Sponsored Links
your cold supply to the bath is tank fed swop it over to mains pipework and this will solve your problem. much cheaper and easier than boosting supply via a pump.

your cold supply to the bath is tank fed swop it over to mains pipework and this will solve your problem. much cheaper and easier than boosting supply via a pump.

Thanks for the help. Any idea on the cost of this? The tank is in the room next to the bathroom if that makes any difference.

Also, when I put a shower in............what type of shower would be best?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back