Roofix 20/10 & walking on flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

new to the forum. i have a btl property with a small flat roof (approx. 3.5m x 2.5m)

i'm thinking about using roofix 20/10 by NVP on it (entire roof) as oppose to paying someone to re-felt. i read that roofix is 'supposed' to be as good if not better than some traditional roofing materials and should be good for 10 years if applied properly ... is this just advertising blurb or is the product that good?

also, if i decide to go ahead, am i right to assume i need a plank of wood to walk on when on the roof to spread my weight and avoid falling through any part that might not be load bearing?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Jeez - £125 a can :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That roof screams out EPDM to me rather than some half baked expensive waterproof paint. Pretty straight forward DIY job too. That size I would guess a couple of hundred pounds or so.

As for walking on it, it depends what is holding it up!

Jeez - £125 a can :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That roof screams out EPDM to me rather than some half baked expensive waterproof paint. Pretty straight forward DIY job too. That size I would guess a couple of hundred pounds or so.

As for walking on it, it depends what is holding it up!

the amount i would need comes in at around £85 so not too expensive 'if' it does a good job, also more convenient for me time wise but i won't go down this route if the product isn't that good.

re: walking on the roof, i've no way of knowing how it's constructed so i'm thinking i might be better being safe than sorry and using something to walk on to spread my weight a bit?

" Giant steps are what you take ...walking on the ...roof" :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thats a tiny roof. Pay someone to do it properly rather than do a diy job and paint it with sticky stuff.

as said epdm or fiberglass (poly-roof) is what i'd go for. All the water proofing paint etc you can buy is strictly for bodgers and make do-ers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back