What to do when torching on felt and there fascia is pvc?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, i have a job to do that is a flat dormer roof connected onto next doors dormer, all pvc fascia and gutter, what is the correct procedure for torching the drips when it is PVC? Any help is much appreciated.Neil

Sponsored Links
Don't u just batten above the fascia, nail the felt, then fold up and torch onto the roof? (Or am i getting confused?) I'm not a felt roofer btw, hence my guess :oops:

Hello, im not a flat roofer myself as you can probably tell, so is that what you do,batten, nail and don't torch the front, then fold back and torch the half on top of the roof?again thanks

Why R U using felt at all, so 19th century. There are plenty of alternatives these days. Liquid Rubber the whole lot and forget for 20 years or more

Sponsored Links
nail the batten on to form the drip, then nail the felt on with the tar facing outwards.

on top of the batten and felt nail a strip of 6mm plywood slightly broader than the drip batten to form your apron edge.

carefully heat the felt at the return over the drip and pull up tight..... then torch the remainder to the roof.

if you get my drift :confused:

I attached a strip of hardboard underneath the drip batten to pro tect the plastic facia board just in case any of the flame from the torch manage's to hit the PVC, when i finish i pull the hard board off from underneath the drip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back