Other local area codes

Sponsored Links
Of course the downside of such a setup is you will be paying for all those calls.

Just a couple of thoughts from a customer viewpoint:

1. If I'm looking for a tradesman, I want one that's local, and I won't call 08xx or 03xx numbers cos you don't know where they are, and it implies a biggish company

2. I look at a card or advert or van to see what the STD code is to check where they're based, but don't expect to get a real person on that number because they're out working. Then I call the mobile number, and if there isn't a mobile number (07xx), then I give up, and move on.

If I'm keen to make contact with someone who's been recommended, then I might call the std number in the early evening, but I try to keep work to work times.

Just my musings...David

David, my thoughts exactly...
plugwash, i regularly divert my landline, pain i know, but people go for the local number....even if you turn up like an eskimo.

Sponsored Links
We have always used a landline number, and have flitted between a permenent divert to giving a mobile number out on an answerphone message in the past.

Our office is now part of a larger office along with my bosses other company interests. We have someone answering the calls in the mornings, and in the afternoons we have a voicemail answerphone take the calls offering 'press 1' to leave message or 'press 2' to be connected to an on call electrical engineer. The 'press 2' deflects to a mobile. You have to pay the cost of the divert, and need two lines, or an ISDN line to achieve this.

Back