downspouts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a split level roof with two guttering systems, one at each level. I would like to use a single downspout to service both gutters. Are there "t" connectors available that could be used to to connect the downspout from the lower of the two gutter systems to the downspout from the upper system? the t connector would fit into the vertical section of the downspout.

Sponsored Links
there may be in America, dont know if you would be allowed to use it though.

over here a hopper is usually used with both pipes going into the one hopper then a single pipe from the hopper to soakaway

did you realise this is a UK based website? (that is why i can not speak for what is available over there)

Yeah, i sure do like dredging up the old posts.

Hi Breezer, i assume then that T connectors are not allowed over here; why is that?

Also, can anyone tell me are straight converters from cast iron DP (approx 80mm?) to modern PVC DP (68mm) readily available?

Cheers

2005 mod - don't think anyone with any sense'll be complaining : )

Sponsored Links
'Gone' you say - where to? Not the next life?

Besides that - with 700+ posts to your moniker you should be a relatively well informed fellow - can you (or anyone else) answer my query?

(BTW - i reckoned i was being a good person by researching the old threads instead of being lazy and just starting a new one - and then i got told off for it :( )

(BTW - i'm still sulking cause i reckoned i was being a good person by researching the old threads instead of being lazy and just starting a new one - and then i got told off for it :( )

You were being good. The search facility is hardly used here causing people to start new threads when it can easily be resoved in an existing thread.

Hijacking is when someone starts a thread about radiators and then you and me start changing the subject and start talking about Jordan's breasts with the thread continuing on that subject and not the original subject; radiators.

:rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: Hib
I cant f***ing stand her meself, have banned the missus from disgracing the tv with any Jordan and or Peter tv progs! :evil:

Hijacking is when someone starts a thread about radiators and then you and me start changing the subject and start talking about Jordan's breasts with the thread continuing on that subject and not the original subject; radiators.

Not in this case though: Jordans 'gifts' + downspouts - both plastic :)

Besides that, any help fellas

Cheers

I think you will find that T connectors don't have any in build fall to the connecting pipe - hence the use of Y connectors.

In your case marrying up two different types of pipework is very difficult. I would replace the old cast iron with new 68mm and use a Y connector.

There. Bob's your uncle Buddy! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Hib

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back