baxi 105e combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

i have a problem which is i have no h/w or c/h after a while the fan neon flashes up red i go to the fault section and it suggests the air pressure switch needs replacing can anyone confirm if this is correct

thanks all

Sponsored Links
Does the fan run?? If so it may well be the aps, or it might be a blocked venturi, kinked pipes etc. If the fan doesn't run then its the pcb or fan itself. I would suggest at that point you call an rgi

the fan dont run we took it out and put 240v across it and it worked

check the air pressure switch either with a mutlimeter or by shorting it out. if this is okay the chances are it is pcb.

Sponsored Links
Powell30 is giving you all the correct information. It probably is aps stuck in normally open by sounds of it. However if your not competent you really shouldn't be undertaking work (as defined by gas safety regs) on your appliance.
Get an RGI in.

...However if your not competent you really shouldn't be undertaking work (as defined by gas safety regs) on your appliance.
Get an RGI in.
Which is why the majority of RGI's on this forum do not give information about working of flues, fans, aps, and other safety critical items.

think that was the point I was making and why I withheld information on testing of these items

Indeed. It never fails to amaze me when I read what people do, how much time and money they spend on changing the wrong parts, and often the problem is solved by a pro for under £100 including a service.

hi all

i think i got it wrong there is not enough power getting to the fan to activate it when wiring the fan up to test it works fine the book suggests a pcb board is that right

actually my mate a plumber and registered sorted the problem out so he should get the credit but thanks to all who had their say

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back