Cooker Hood Extractor Vent Shaft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi;

I have nearly completed my kitchen, the last two jobs are fitting a cooker hood for my 110 Range Cooker and Tiling.
The Hood will be set up to extract cooking fumes through an outside wall.
It is a Stoves:
http://www.rangecookers.co.uk/stoves-1100trc-product,423.aspx

The instructions for the hood (which are very sparse) says to drill a 130mm hole. The Extractor Adaptor which comes with the hood, on which I presume a hose is fitted, has a diameter of 116mm.

The hole is being drilled through the wall on Tues and I need to work out exactly where the hole is to be drilled and have everything ready to fit the hood.

What do you recommend using to direct fumes from the extractor adaptor through the hole. I have read that flexible hose should be used however a solid shaft should be installed in the wall.

Any ideas what to get and where to get what I need, I have a Wickes, B&Q, Homebase, Focus, Travis Perkins and Jewsons.

Ta

Sponsored Links
Hi Skavenger, I used a Marley 125mm extraction kit which I got from B&Q to do mine. This would be fine for you too. But be warned, they don't carry the required "accessories" (for additional bends etc). You won't need to drill a hole either, as you can see from the link it's a brick sized vent, so a lump hammer and brick chisel and you're away.

If you struggle to get a jubilee clip big enough for the flexi hose / spigot connection, just use duct tape - I had to, it's been fine. :cool:

hth

OK I have trawled the various DIY outlets in my area and cannot seem to find exactly what I need.

The Cooker Hood Extractor adaptor that is supplied with my hood is here:
http://i38.tinypic.com/2meeu4l.jpg

The dimensions seem to be non standard, well at least for all the various hood extractor bits that I can find anyway.
The external dia is 118mm and the internal dia is 115mm.

All the extractor supplies that I can find are based around 100 or 125mm.

My extractor will be routed directly through an external brick cavity wall.
Most Flexi hose is 100mm or 125mm.

What I need to know is:

1. Do I or do I not need to sleeve the hole in the cavity, if so what with.
2. Most ducting seems to come in 100mm or 125mm sizes, my adaptor is neither, 125mm is slightly large for my extractor adaptor but will dropping to 100mm cause a problem?
3. Wickes and B&Q supply an Easyfix wall duct which comes in 100mm and 150mm flavours here: http://www.wickes.co.uk/Easyfix-Wall-Duct/invt/199812 is this something I should use although it would seem that it is designed for an extractor to be bolted directly to it.
4. Any idea how the above fixes to the wall it comes with 2 x screws on either end.
5. Wickes also supply a 100mm x 320mm plastic sleeve that could be used to sleeve the hole. I had a play in the shop and it seems to fit nicely onto an outside wall vent, I could use it with some sort of a coupler at the other end to fit the flexi hose onto with a couple of jubillee clips.
5. If I fit the sleeve above the 100mm flexi hose is to large to run through it?
6. The only piece of kit that I could find that fits snug with my extractor adaptor is a reducer that is supplied with a DESIGN AIR kit supplied by B&Q but the reducer is for something else. It comes with an external vent, a 1.5m 125mm flexi hose, 2 x Jubilee clips and couple of adaptors.

Am I making a simple job very difficult!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back