pitched roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What about the same situation but your verge ends at a proposed parapet wall with box gutter?

Does anyone know where I can get a detail of this? I keep finding ones for flat roofs or for steel framed buildings. im just looking for one where the construction is typical brick/cavity/block work with timber rafters (but no ceiling joists).

I am planning a lean to pitched roof on my house with velux windows but not ceiling joists as I want it to be vaulted.
Theres also an svp in the way about a 3rd of the way along the existing longest wall where the ridge would be.

Plus there's a water outlet in the corner of the two existing house walls that I am extending from. Im bit worried how the first rafter will sit from this wall so it does not clash with this pipe (the pipes goes down as soon as it exits the wall so can box it in on the interior). Does the first rafters side face have to be fixed to the exiting wall when there are no ceiling joists?? Do ceiling joists give added structural support or are they simply to suspend the ceiling boards?

Is this difficult? I dont know whether I should be stressed or not about this. there seems so much against the proposed extension.

sorry so many questions but the project is just so complicated.
cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back