fixing a small leak where waste stack goes through flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I have a small leak that seems to coming in where a waste pipe comes down through a felted flat roof.

It's a rented property so i wont be re-felting, but is there a product that i can paint on around the pipe to try and stop the leak? Is there anything that can be succesfully applied in these damp weather conditions?

Thanks in advance

D

Sponsored Links
There are lots on the market, basically you want the stuff with the fibres in that sends you high as a kite.

If there is a Screwfix near you then this is just the job.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/10990...icals/Flexacryl-Roof-Repair-Compound-Grey-1kg

Otherwise a local roofing merchants as long as its fibred usually called acrypol, sealapol etc

Even though these products can be applied in the wet, still try and do it on a dry day for that bit of extra stick! :cool:

Cheers Roofline!

That looks like the right stuff for the job!

I'll have a nosey down at the local merchant later

Cheers

D

Sponsored Links
Hi Rooofline,

I followed your recomendation and got a tin of Acrypol and used it last night,

It was as you described - nice and sticky and full of fibres - it filled around the waste stack really well and also covered all the old joins. It rained like a bugger just after i did it and i now have no leaks!!

Great recomendation, great advice and great product. Cheers!

D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back