LIGHTING LUX LEVELS FOR CAR PARK AREAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

Can anyone pleses tell me the required lighting LUX levels for car parks in the UK .
I have looked in to this but keep coming up with differnt answers .

Is there an exact answer/regulation somewhere ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
These figures are from the lighting industry federation, they are now incorporated into BS 5489 part 9.

TABLE A. Recommended levels of lighting for multi-storey and underground car parks
Area.........................................E(average)/ lux............E(minimum)/ lux
Parking bays, access lanes..........75................................50
Ramps, corners, intersections.....150..............................75
Entrance/exit zones (vehicular)...75 night/300 day...........n/a
Pedestrian areas, stairs, lifts.......100...............................50

TABLE B. Recommended levels of lighting for outdoor car parks and multi-storey roof level
Area.........................................E(average)/ lux.............E(minimum)/ lux
Rural, Zones E1 and E2..............15...............................5
Urban, Zones E3 and E4.............30...............................10
Multi-storey roof level*...............30................................10

Sponsored Links
People just barge in here asking questions, where the f*** do they think they are?

I think that BAS is getting miffed at so called professionals comming on to a DIY site and asking questions that they really ought to know to be doing their job that they get paid for..

I think that BAS is getting miffed at so called professionals comming on to a DIY site and asking questions that they really ought to know to be doing their job that they get paid for..
He wouldn't be miffed if a "professional" gave him an exact answer to one of his queries . Not just a guess from some DIY enthusiast .

Besides no matter how much you know you will never know everything , there is allways lots to learn .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back