check my quotes?

It looks cheap to me. Your LABC notification looks too cheap. Check it.

if scouting for work, try the Parish Magazine and put the same ad in month after month. No need for a big flashy one. Emphasise you are local and give a local landline phone no. State how many years experience you have. State that work is certificated and notified and performed to latest regulations.

Mention that you do house rewires, and also small jobs like repairs, additional sockets, outdoor lighting etc. State that you have no call-out charge and give free quotes.

Lots of local people will register your ad and will turn up the mag when they have a need. If you have a local residents association, see if they take ads in their newsletter. People like someone local that they can track down (they will tell each other if you're any good or not). If you have a van or even a car, keep it smart and have it signwritten or at least get those magnetic signs you can put on the sides. Lots of people don't like White Van Man. Again, people will register it and bear in mind when they need someone later. Hand out a simple business card to anyone who strikes up a conversation when they're walking past.

BTW many consumers prefer an electrician who is a member of a Competent Persons scheme. I usually advise friends to look for one as the first hurdle.

Sponsored Links
we give one price and say that is the bottom line. no mention of the notification fees as that is what scares peope away just add it to the job value.

Sponsored Links
Back