Vaillant Boiler temperature settings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Warm greetings,
I have a Vaillant ecoTEC plus 630 condensing boiler and need guidance for a winter temperture setting for the central heating.
I have seen general comments on the net like 82C Winter & 70c Summer. Not sure if they apply to my type of boiler?
Seem high?

Henry. :) :) :)

Sponsored Links
The lower your boiler setting, the more efficient your boiler runs. If you want the lowest gasbill possible, set the boiler at 55, and go up in small steps if you find it takes too long to heat the house.
In theory, a lower boiler setting also means a bit less wear and tear on the boiler.

Thank you- I will set to 55C.
It was set at 45C and reading as 41C approx', but the far radiators do not get hot enough in the cold weather.

Henry.

The lower your boiler setting, the more efficient your boiler runs. If you want the lowest gasbill possible, set the boiler at 55, and go up in small steps if you find it takes too long to heat the house.
In theory, a lower boiler setting also means a bit less wear and tear on the boiler.

Thank you- I will set to 55C.
It was set at 45C and reading as 41C approx', but the far radiators do not get hot enough in the cold weather.
Your system is not balanced properly; all radiators that are on, should be roughly the same temperature regardless of how many are on and how far they are from the boiler.

Sponsored Links
You dont mention hot water!

If the boiler is heating hot water then it will need to be set at least 5-6° above the target hot water temperature which is ideally set to 55° making the boiler need to be at least 60°.

Of course it could be that you have a control which already raises the boiler temperature just for hot water.

Tony

The water for the hot taps has an indirect heating tank and a motorised valve in the loft.
I am not sure what the max' temp for this is set at.

Henry. :) :) :)

are you using a VR65 or a seperate wiring center? as only with the VR65 will the water temperature guage on boiler work. with 3rd party controls the heating control will do both heating and hot water

I do not know any more.
I will need to consult the installer.

Henry.

are you using a VR65 or a seperate wiring center? as only with the VR65 will the water temperature guage on boiler work. with 3rd party controls the heating control will do both heating and hot water

In the meantime setting the heat control to about 65° C will be a good compromise.

Tony

Thanks Tony,
I have done that and I am balancing the rads!
It is already much better.
Thanks to all.

Henry.

In the meantime setting the heat control to about 65° C will be a good compromise.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back