Conservatory pitched roof polycarbonate panel slipped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

One of the polycarbonate panels on my lean-to conservatory pitched roof has slipped down a couple of inches leaving about a 1.5 to 2 inch gap under the lead flashing where the pitched roof meets the house.

No water is getting in as the flashing is covering the gap but it's bloody freezing in the conservatory now and a fair bit of dust is getting through the gap.

Is it safe to give the panel a shove from the front and try to push it back to the house wall? Or will I damage the seals that join it's sides to the other panels of the pitched roof?

The panel is about 3 feet wide and about 12 feet long and there are 4 of them side by side that make up the pitched roof.

The other option is to bung the gap somehow but I'd rather re-seat the panel.

Cheers,

Isley

edit: of course it's made of polycarbonate not UPVC :oops:

Sponsored Links
Yes a gentle shove should relocate it back, especially in this cold weather when everything is retracted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back