Cancelation contracts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am I being thick here or,as Iam now starting to think,do tradespeople actualy recognise the seriousness of this legislation.
Basically from October 2008 it is now law that any contract over £35.00 that you Quote/estimate for you have to give your customer a 7 day cancellation clause from start date. If they do wish to cancel during this cooling off period they have to pay for materials and labour for that 7 day period and thats it. If you complete the job and there is an arguement about monies owed and you HAV'NT issued a cancellation clause then Trading Standards will tell you to go whistle for your money as will a small claims court. I was'nt aware of this ,does anyone else know otherwise?

Sponsored Links
Am I being thick here or,as Iam now starting to think,do tradespeople actualy recognise the seriousness of this legislation.
Basically from October 2008 it is now law that any contract over £35.00 that you Quote/estimate for you have to give your customer a 7 day cancellation clause from start date.
yes.

If they do wish to cancel during this cooling off period they have to pay for materials and labour for that 7 day period and thats it.
no cause you shouldn't of started the job in the cooling off period.
the contract should be cancelled by letter or e-mail.

If you complete the job and there is an arguement about monies owed and you HAV'NT issued a cancellation clause then Trading Standards will tell you to go whistle for your money as will a small claims court. I was'nt aware of this ,does anyone else know otherwise?

if you do start a job within seven days of the cooling of period i always get them to sign to say they opted for the work to begin before the 7 days was up.
then payment for any work/materials carried out can be invoiced.

i downloaded them and you just fill in customers details and your details.
then if cancelled they just sign and give/send a copy back to me that they've opted out of the work.

Sponsored Links
Back