Hotpoint Aquarius WD440p

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Machine has been playing up for a while with intimitent fault.
All lights flash on front and machine wont do anything for about a minute, then they come on and it works.
Last time was used it was in a drying cycle and lights started flashing and it wont come out of the cycle. Tried turning off at mains for a while and switching back on but still stuck in cycle.
Turned off again and waited for door to be released, opened the door, switched on again and lights flash constantly.
Anyone know what error code is when all lights flash?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
oh forgot to add that I tried taking lid of and checking few connections and took connection of board behind dials. (what is this one?) and when put coneections back on the 5th light (extra rinse) no longer flashes,
The other 4 flash as well as dry and on off flashes but it has been flashing all different things even when the machine has been washing so I'm not sure it's actually flashing a specific code.
Anyone any idea?
Thanks

Error Codes

f01 light 4, motor triac
f02 light 3 motor, jammed/ tacho
f03 lights 3&4 Ntc fault
f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty
f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on full
f06 lights 2&3, N/A?
f07 lights 2&3&4 heater relay
f08 light 1. heater relay
f09 lights 1&4 eprom/setup error
f10 lights 1&3, pressure switch not sensing
f11 lights 1&3&4, pump/draining error
f12 lights 1&2, communication error
f13 lights 1&2&4, dryer ntc/ fan motor
f14 lights 1&2&3, dryer heater
f15 lights 1&2&3&4, dryer heater relay
f16 N/A
f17 light 4, door lock
f18 light 3 comms error (3 phase motor) power board

So in this instance with the second light flashing the error code would be f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty

Thanks but doesn't really shed any light on the problem as, as I thought, none of the error codes correspond.

Sponsored Links
Followed the threads about the C17 capacitor. Sounds to me that's the most likely cause so will take a look.
So is that what I have to search for to order a new one or will it be called something else.
Thanks

Hi ignore last.
I'm not electrician but can do most things myself if lookup the know how and didn't even know what a capacitor was!!
Now I do and can't believe it's 25p!!!
If that fixes it, you lot are on my xmas list :LOL:
Better buy a soldering iron too! :confused: lol

Hi,
Got the same problem with my machine, checked board and the C17 capacitor is domed. Going to replace but can't seem to get a single capacitor from anywhere.
I've seen that people have replaced with different capacitors, but what is the best capacitor to replace with?
The one in there at the moment is a 680uF 10V.
Sorry I don't know much about capacitors.
Thanks

Well for anyone else who has similar problem with lights flashing on their Hotpoint Aquarius like it was christmas!
Main board, behind back cover, bottom left.
Look for C17 on the board, replace the capacitor - 52p inc 1st class delivery!!!!!! from below.

http://uk.farnell.com/capacitors

and works like new.

Thanks to Leccy758 for the fix.

Saved a fortune!!! :LOL:

Hi

I had the same problem with my WF740 washer. Bought the capacitors on ebay for 99p plus 98p postage for 4. Replaces the C17 capacitor and all now works for the sum of £2 plus about 45mins. of my time. I now have another 3 spare caps!

However, just to say getting the board out wasn't straightforward. As others others have said, you have to remove the panel at the rear base of the machine where the exhaust hose exits. At first it isn't obvious, but the board is on the side of the machine on the left hand side.

It's also important to get the polarity right when you solder in the new capacitor otherwise it won't work and the capacitor may leak damaging the board. For most electrolytic capacitors the negative side has a shorter connector, and a broad grey stripe on the side of the cap pointing to it.

Easy mistake to make if you're not familiar with it, and could permanently damage the board.

Vic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back