Replacing Satchewll TLX 2259 Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am replacing a Satchwell TLX 2259 (Dial operated) with a Sunvic TLX7501.

Am I right in the fact that Sunvic took over Satchwell as all forum searches seem to point to the Sunvic TLX 2259 ?.

The TLX 2259 has yellow - terminal 1, red - terminal 3 and blue terminal4.

The TLX 7501 has terminal 1 - OFF, terminal 2 - ON and terminal 3 - C.

I am bit confused with connecting to the new terminals and I was wondering if anyone could help me please.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi the tlx 7501 has no neutral so you conect red to terminal 3 and yellow to terminal 2 and make safe the neutral in conecter block.

Hi,

I'm also trying to replace a Satchwell TLX 2259 with a Sunvic TLX 7501.

On my set up I have 3 wires coming out of the wall. An earth attached to the back plate, 1 Red and 1 Black each attached to a terminal on thermostat. The difference for me is that there is an additional electronic component (with markings: Z5U, 01Z, IKV) linking the 2 terminals Red and Black.

I've tried simply connecting Red to 3 and Black to 2 on the 7501, but it doesn't work!!!

Do I need to link them with this extra component???

Sponsored Links
Hi,

To add to this (I have just joined and fully intend to use this forum properly) I have a satchwell tlx2259 and want to replace with a sunvic 7501. The issue I have is that the current config on the Satwell is Blue wire-1, Brown wire-3 and the yellow/green is made safe.

This seems incorrect to me in terms of best practice?

I used my brain a little harder and connected Brown to C-3 and Blue to 2-on. all good now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back